Information with regards to the typical expectation that children should have achieved in their current year group is listed below (please click on the relevant year group).
Within this information, you will find key objectives that children should typically be able to achieve n their year group that they are currently in now. Over the summer, this may help to give you further ideas of how you can support your child. An overview would have been sent to you via post, for the year group that your child was in this year. However, if you find that those objectives are too hard or too easy they you will be able to look at and use a different year group’s overview (listed below) that may be more suited to your child’s level. In September, your child’s new class teacher will use these documents to assess all children in their class to assist them in supporting your child to make as much progress as possible.
Year Group Expectations
You may be able to claim free school meals vouchers for your child if you get any of the following:
- income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please complete the Free School Meal application form form if you meet the criteria above.
Once you have completed the form, please send it to the school office. Following this, a member of staff will contact you with further information.
This term Year 6 have been learning about the science of Evolution in their Topic learning. There are several resources in the Year 6 Topic area to support this learning.
Below are some resources and activities that will help consolidate previous learning in their last science unit of work.
HOW WE SEE THINGS